Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Shintangle Bed & Breakfast

This post will be a departure for me as I'm not featuring food that I made myself. Instead, all food featured in this post was made and consumed here....

My dear husband and I recently spent a weekend at this bed and breakfast. Our wonderful hostess (with the mostest), Heather, made us delightful breakfasts on each of the 3 mornings we were there.

Each morning we were greeted with the following...


There's orange and apple juice. We had the choice of coffee (medium or strong) or tea (various flavours) with cream and sugar but there was also milk and sweetener if those were our preferences. That little dish in front contains a curl of butter.

Every breakfast starts with this wonderful fruit plate. The quality of fruit here is outstanding... nothing is under or overripe. I'm not a big fruit eater but I cleared by plate every day.

Day 1: Pancakes, ham, hash brown potatoes, and scrambled eggs. As you can see, there are no eggs on the plate in the picture above. That's because Heather, the aforementioned "hostess with the mostest", knows I don't like eggs so she gave my portion to Vince. Vince did not complain :)

My syrup of choice that day was saskatoon berry syrup. Heather puts out three choices of syrup (see pic below). On the left is Canadian Maple, center is saskatoon berry, and on the right is butter maple. Oh yeah, and they're WARM! Talk about spoiling us!

Day 2: Waffles, bacon, syrups and.... get this.... maple flavoured creme fraiche! Is there anything yummier? I tasted it and determined that no, there is nothing yummier than maple flavoured creme fraiche. On this day I opted for butter maple on one of my waffles and saskatoon berry on the others. And creme fraiche was on all of them ;)

Day 3: Texas french toast with bacon and mandarin oranges. Once again, everything was cooked to perfection.

I was drinking my juice on the final day and, much to the confusion of those dining around me, I started laughing. That's because I saw this....

Anyone who watches LOST will recognize the Dharma Initiative logo on the bottom of my glass :)

Thanks Heather! You're the best!

If you are interested in spending the night at Shintangle B&B you can get more information at shintanglespring.com

1 comment: